Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Today I'm thinking about...resolutions


Hi there!
Thanks for stopping by...
I haven't been blogging...
I've just been doing a lot of
pondering...
thinking...
praying...
about my resolutions.

I first decided to love and respect God more.
I now have decided that it makes sense to decide to
love and respect my family more...
as well.

What's important to my family?
Food, clothing, shelter, spiritual guidance
LUV...

Food:  daily, delicious, healthy meals

Emmaline loves to have a big, home cooked breakfast
Rob loves a big, home cooked dinner
both love sitting around the table as a family.
(My husband, of course, loves all of this.)

Both kids enjoy home made lunches...
but NOT in any type of cooler...
only in a brown paper bag.
Unless someone can make a suggestion,
I think this limits what I can put in their lunches.


Clothing: well fitting, clean, nice clothes.

I think it comes from living in Ellensburg?
Maybe?
But my kids aren't into name brands...
but maybe this will change because they live in the South now
and go to a private, Christian Academy.

We have had quite the time trying to build up their wardrobes.
There's not much call for jeans, work boots and show shirts around here.
Then there are the school's rules:
For example: A sweatshirt maybe worn if:
it has a hood-
(but you may not wear the hood)
it is plain-
-does not have characters or words on it-
and zips up the front.

Rob wanted khaki pants that don't feel like dress pants.
Oh.
Boy.
Again, loose fitting and plain.
No cargo pants.
No jeans or jean material.
This narrows the field.

Okies...I'm on a rabbit trail!

Shelter:  a cozy, comfortable, clean, pretty home
they want to be able to invite friends over...

I'm working on this!
In 1000 square feet, it's a hard thing to keep an apartment
cozy, comfortable and pretty
without looking too cluttered.

Once Bob gets here to South Carolina...
we will get the storage units better organized
so all these boxes left in the apartment can go away.

I brought my record player and records here to the apartment.
They are going back into storage.
There is not enough room.

Spiritual Guidance:  family devotions, prayer time, 
regular attendance at church,
youth group!!

I found a book for Rob for his devotions...a guide...
going to church on Wednesday AND Sunday night...
even if you have studying to do
(making sure the studying gets done on Saturday!)
preparing for church on Saturday evening...
so going to church to worship God
is set apart and special.

LUV:  all those extra things...
home made gifts...
a special dessert...
a quick hug...
candles burning...
a skirt sewn...
a blanket crocheted...
a special note tucked away in a pocket...
and saying "I Love You" in the odd moment...

what else makes an apartment a
HOME?

So what about that quote?
I like it but....
read it again


I don't know about that any more...
I KNOW-

I'd like to 
Like myself...
Like what I do...
and
Like the way I do it...

But, after much prayer and meditation on this idea:
I KNOW-
I want to:

Love God First
Love Others Next
and
Love Myself Last...
JOY!!

I want to
Love my Family through
food, clothes, shelter, spiritual guidance and gestures of love

and
I want to
Love how I do it...
ALL
for the glory of God...
how many times do I have to remind myself to stop
counting everyone else's blessings and getting discouraged...
and start counting my own and getting encouraged?!

* *  Press the reset button!!  * *

and

LET'S ROLL ! !



2 comments:

Bob said...

I love you

Terri said...

Fun to read your blog.....just like hearing you talk!
What is Emma working on in piano? I miss her!

Terri