Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Life rolls on...!

Life certainly keeps rolling on...

I've thought of you often...
and wondered when I was going to blog again...
were you thinking the same thing?

We're twins!

Ha ha!

A couple of weeks ago, Bob Jones University hosted
"The Screwtape Letters"

Rob went on a different night than us...
So here he is...
look at the beautiful roses he got his "friend."
She bought him that tie for Christmas...
it matches her Artist Series dress...

Read the book, "The Screwtape Letters"
It was performed beautifully,
so now I am eager to read it again.

Weirdly enough, the night Bob and I went,
with over 2,000 seats available...
 Rose and her friends ended up sitting
2 rows directly in front of us.


yep!  takin' yer picture boy!

Posing for us!


So you can see a little bit of our apartment,
(see below)
I stood in the kitchen and took a picture of our entryway.
The dog's leashes.
The bells for the dogs.
Yes!
Bells.
The idea is that every time a dog decided it needed to 
"go out"
it would learn to ring the bells for service.
It happened.
One time.

Otherwise, we enjoyed ringing the bells every time
we put the leashes on the dogs and took the little monsters for their walk.


An up close view.
The bells have polka dots!


Another view of the entryway.
Bear with me...
I AM going somewhere with this...

See the books on the floor?
They are from my sister's home.  
I had just gotten the box and left everything on the floor.

But THIS is what I really wanted you to see:



This is what we've been up to lately.
The paper on the ribbon is my dinner calendar.
But the other part is what I have been so busy doing lately.

We moved!
Into a house!
Yippee!!

For the price of the apartment
plus the storage units
plus $30
equals
a real house.
2500 square feet of space!
A real back yard!
And it's fenced!
We are emptying storage units!
We are breaking more things!
Life
is
good!!

Yep!
You know you've moved a lot if you own a lot of these....

Ahhh...the dryer decided to fall on its face.
Now, instead of drying the clothes,
it SPARKS!



But...here is our bed in our new master bedroom.
Two finials to the bed posts were lost a number of moves ago
(by professional movers)
It looks like the other two are missing now.

At least it's even now.




Do you see Betsey Belle?
She is on my nightstand...
her box is on top of her little, pink Hello Kitty kerchief.

Today, I had a friend over.
We drank tea (funny enough, I had some my brother in law had given me!) out of mugs,
with old honey from Oregon.

We also had french brioche rolls to share...
{on paper towels (just where ARE my plates?)}
that I purchased yesterday
from a new (real!) French bakery in town.
(owned and run by real French people!!)

I promised her that the next time she comes for tea...
I  will have proper tea cups, saucers and plates.
And better honey!

She promised me...
that she wouldn't tell the French people
that I used the microwave to warm up the brioche...

**sigh**

reminds me of a dear friend in Ellensburg...
who treated Emmaline and me to a special shortcake with fresh raspberries...
and a beautiful hymn that she played for us 
for a good bye present.

Sweet, sweet memories.
Betsey Belle has been gone for over a year now.
And, my Dear Friend from Ellensburg, I miss you and your friendship.
Had a good smile over Tony's sweet gift of tea...

New friend,
new house,
new adventures...

Life does roll on!

God is good.

**huh...and found those plates in the apartment's dishwasher...  ^-^









2 comments:

Lorie said...

A new house, a new friend, and yummy french rolls?! Yay, I just love that for you! Thanks for giving us a peek! :)

KatieBelle said...

Life is good!