Friday, March 23, 2012

Organizing! The spices...part 2

Ooops!  I forgot to show off my spice organizing...

oh dear!

We had a shelf fall in our pantry in the wee hours of the morning
it was this one here below...
after my husband repaired it.


All this chaos and mayhem!
If I was going to straighten it all up
I needed to start with my spices...
which were in another cabinet.



I'm not sure why...
but this made no sense whatsoever to my husband.

Look at his expression!

It made perfect sense to me! ;P

I went through every spice and extract
finding their expiration dates on the internet...
 (go to the March 9th post if you need a reminder)


So...
now for the official...
TaDa!!

Appearing in alphabetical order...
the spices...
{ loud cheering! }
Using a 'turn around' in the cupboard makes it simple to find the spice you are looking for...



Some folks put their baking spices in one area and their cooking spices in another.
Obviously,
I don't do that.
I tend to think in terms of alphabetical order.
Do what suits your style.

This final turn around has the last of the alphabet for the spices...
and the salts and peppers as well.
The spice rubs go here nicely.

I had to throw out a bunch of spices...
but it's all for the best I suppose.
It did help with the space issue in this cabinet!

The overall look...

above the spices are some sugars and flours...
then some baking/cooking things
and at the very top are the cake decorating items.

As of yet,
I'm not quite done here...
but I will have something fun to show you very soon!!

I'm excited about it.

This has been a fun spring cleaning project.

Oh, and the next few pictures are of the pantry...
these are for my husband's sanity!!

See?  I took care of things...

The canned goods organizer is really cool...
I got it at Costco about 4 years ago
but they no longer carry it.
:: Sad::

A view to the left!!


And a view to the right!!

Everything now has it's place.

::  Happiness  ::

Come back again to see the special feature I've been working on lately!!









2 comments:

Jo said...

Hi! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting! Your spices look great! I'd love to have a pantry like yours...Mine is only about 18 inches wide ;-)

KatieBelle said...

Okay...I'll stop grumbling about the wire shelves in my pantry!