Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Giving Thanks!

Don't you just LUV Pinterest?

I do!

If you have not gotten caught up in Pinterest...
I must warn you:
IT.  IS. ADDICTING.

For the rest of us...
let us move on! ;)

If you look over to the right side of this page
you will see a button for my Pinterest.
If you click on it you will be taken to my set of boards.
One of the boards is entitled: Chalkboard.
I have fallen
in.
luv.
with Chalkboard art.

Recently I decided to have a go at it!
It took 2 happy hours.
TA DA!!


The picture came out a bit yellow? 
but-you can see it!


My sister's husband, Tony, is in the hospital right now.
He has been diagnosed with a genetic lung disease:
Familial Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis

The cells in his lungs are hardening-
making it difficult to breathe.

My thoughts are consumed with 
PRAYING 
and I certainly do it
WITHOUT CEASING.
There is a lot to pray for...
Sometimes I have to remind myself to not be consumed with
WORRY.

But how to REJOICE?
We certainly REJOICE that he has excellent medical care.
We REJOICE that my sister gets to stay with her Tony-
and not have to go home to an empty house.
They let her set up a cot!
She never leaves his side.
We REJOICE that we have an Social Security Disability 'expert' in the family:
the paperwork has been filled out and filed.
We REJOICE that my husband is a physician
and can answer questions and calm fears.
And everyone has his direct line! 
We REJOICE that Tony has accepted God's gift of salvation.
If anything were to happen
(I don't want to type this)
(I don't want to even think about this)
Tony would be in heaven.
We REJOICE that God is in control-
oh, hey!
We have HIS direct line as well.


We give THANKS for every person who has helped Tony.
We give THANKS for all that we REJOICE about.
We give THANKS for Tony's illness.
That was hard to say.
It is in our weakness that we start to realize God's strength.


For Tony to be cured,
he needs a lung transplant.
Someone needs to donate their lungs to him.
Such a sobering thought.

Goodness, 
it can be easy to despise and complain
when we must walk through
a dark valley of pain...

but God says to GIVE THANKS.

Sometimes we get the opportunity to look over at someone else's valley and
realize
that our problems and pains are not as horrible as theirs.
If you have Jesus in your heart
then God is in control.
Allow Him to be in control.
He knows your frame-what you can handle
far better than you do.

When Tony gets his new lungs
He will recover and still be with us...

Please pray for him 
and would you please remember to pray 
For my sister, Tammy,
For my parents 
and for the medical staff 
who are working tirelessly to help him...
and for the donor...
who may not know or realize that he's about to 
give Tony his lungs.

It sounds a lot like what Jesus has done for us.
He died on the cross
and paid the price for your sin,
all you have to do is accept his gift
and when you die...
you will be with Him in heaven.
What if you don't?
You can't be with Him in heaven.
Yes, you will be in Hell.
There IS such a place.
God says it in the Bible:
and He doesn't lie.

For God so loved the world (that means you!), that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.


For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
The Holy Bible
The book of John,
Chapter 3
Verses 16, 17, and 18





If you have any questions, 
or just a comment
please leave a comment.
I would love to hear from you!

Thank you for stopping by!




2 comments:

Lorie said...

Beautiful subway art...I love it! I'm so sorry to hear of your BIL...I will pray that God will bring about the miraculous healing that only He can, that God gives his family His strength, his medical team His wisdom, and as hard as it is I will pray for Tony to receive new lungs...which will be so painful for another family.

KatieBelle said...

Thank you Lorie! It will be a bittersweet blessing.