Thursday, January 03, 2013

A New Beginning

Welcome to my blog!
Thank you for reading it.

Thank you SO MUCH! for reading it!

Come on over to my house and have a cuppa tea with me!



One evening, we went to a church that was celebrating a member's
100th birthday.

This dear, godly lady said something
that has stayed with me ever since.

Please allow me to share it with you:
(paraphrased)

Every morning, when I wake up,
I pray to Jesus
I thank Him and praise Him for the new day
that He has given to me.

Then she shared some of the things 
she thanks God for...
and some of the things
she praises God for...

Then, she ends her prayer by asking the Lord...
Would you please take ahold of my hand now?
Please guide and direct me down the path
that you wish for me today.
I want you to be in control...
not me.
Please use me today for your will...
not mine.
Thank you.

Yes.  After 100 years of life...
this dear lady...
is STILL not trying to lead her life 
on her own.
Every. Day.
She begs 
** God **
to take her hand
and walk her 
through her day.
To give her direction.

Such wisdom.
Such faith.
Such a dependency on God.

Who wouldn't want that?
I want that!
I have come to a sad realization
that I have missed out on 
A LOT 
of God's blessings for me and my family
because of 
my lack of dependency on God
and
my lack of faith in God.

Knowing God is in control gives me a great
P E A C E.

Life can be in utter chaos-
but I can be in peace.

You can too.

You have to do your part-
God will always be doing His.

You can count on that!

A Wonderful Thought to have-right?


Thanks for visiting with me...
next time...
we should have cookies. ;)

1 comment:

Lorie said...

Cookies sounds amazing! I've missed your posts, it is good to see you back!