Tuesday, March 19, 2013

I N S O M N I A

I have insomnia.

It comes.
It goes.
I don't "struggle" with insomnia.
We're friends.

When insomnia shows up,
I say "herro ole friend"
we hold hands
take deep breaths
and walk through our journey.

So, I'm up at night at times.
Weird, odd times.

If you have any advice..
have at it!
I may have heard it before
or tried it before

perhaps it worked...
perhaps it didn't...
it's okay.

Insomnia is like a cough,
it comes on strong,
hangs on
you learn to live with it
until you kinda forget
and then suddenly you
**realize**
you have "slept" through the night.

Anyways.
That's where we're at right now.
Insomnia is cuddled up with me right now...
I don't dare look...
but I'm sure...
it's asleep.
HA!

Strangely enough,
I've been getting a lot of weird hang up phone calls 
all day.
I'm not scared or anything...
just wondering if people can figure out phone numbers
from one comment on a public blog post.
Maybe someone out there
is reading this
and knows the answer to that.

Otherwise,

I had a lovely day today.
I went to a gathering of Alaskans.
Being from Washington (state!!!)
I was acceptable. :)

I met some interesting people
and had a wonderful time getting to know them.
Then, got to spend some time chatting with the hostess...
about September 11th of all things...
we spend an hour
discussing how God is in every detail of your life.
Then, I took my two girlies out for ice cream,
dropped Rosie off at her dorm 
and went home.

Speaking of God being in the details...
my husband brought home some leftovers
from yesterday's catered lunch at his "office"
for our dinner!


Good night,
and thank you for reading my blog.
And if you have something to say...
go ahead and say it.

SAY WHAT YOU MEAN
MEAN WHAT YOU SAY
BUT
DON'T SAY IT MEAN.

Ta Ta Fer Now!!
-Tigger












No comments: