Sunday, March 10, 2013

Visiting Charleston SC and Folly Beach

Howdy everyone!

For those of you on the west coast,
here's a glimpse of the east coast!

Last weekend, we went to a Civil War Reenactment...
and then travelled to Charleston SC that evening.
We went on a ghost tour.
Yep.
Some of the folks on the tour
claimed their dog saw a ghost.
Yep.
Any ways.

The next morning we went to Folly Beach.
The kidlets were determined to see the beach.

At first we stayed up on the boardwalk
and just watched them goof off.

Looking at something here...


I think they are discussing getting in the water...
 And now they are just
GOIN' FOR IT!

We walked along the pier...
keeping an eye on our teens down below...

This little ol' birdie reminded us of our other teen...
back in Greenville...studying...
Autumn Rosie...
(former) pigeon queen of Kittitas County WA

This one is so beautiful!
Look at those colors!

Look at this nut brown guy...
he's a cutie...
 Lots of people were fishing!
AND...
I got creeped out thinking about what must be swimming down there...

No...
Bob could not convince this pigeon to go home with us...
:: SAD FACE ::
he's a rather savvy pigeon...
look at the expression on his little face!

We looked away 
for.
one.
minute.
Looked back at those kids...
and 
BOOM!
They were practically in Europe.
Git back heres!!
 They had so much fun!
Everyone was looking at them like they were kooks.
And yes...
we agree.
They are kooks.

 We were yelling, 
seriously?  for realsies?
And they were yelling,
W H A A A T ???
what's wrong?
Tee Hee


We took a long, long walk
and then got them hosed off...

We took a walk downtown...
my husband
L O V E D
this...


After lunch...
we went back to our car...
I did not capture the absolute beauty of these birds...
but look at their long, swooping tails!
Elegant.


We got in the car
and raced home...
the dogs needed to be picked up 
at the kennel by 6:00pm.

Rolled in
at
5:58
and 59 seconds.

ONE MINUTE TO SPARE!
Like a boss.

*  *  *  *  *
This week and weekend have been a bit duller
by last weekend's standards. 
My husband is in Oregon
attending a Medical Conference
he attends every year with his Mom...
also a Medical Doctor.

I know they are having a good time...
So
I had some of my own kind of fun....

I finally got our apartment completely cleaned...
we hand in the keys on Monday.
W h a t? 
That does not sound like fun?
Oh.
Okay--yeah--I'll admit it
I try to fool myself a lot.
Gits me by.





2 comments:

Bob said...

Uhmm...that's not a pigeon, it's a seagull.

KatieBelle said...

Whatever. Bird.