Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Organizing! Under the Kitchen Sink

Welcome back!


I hope you are wearing your smile...
because we're going under the kitchen sink today!

It was a jumbled mess...
and I just plowed right into it...
so I'm sorry to say that there isn't a "before" photo!

The easiest way to clean out a kitchen cupboard
is to just take everything out.
Everything.
Whew!  No mousie in this housie!

And I have made SURE of that forever more!

I read once that mice cannot chew through steel wool...
so...I bought a bag of steel wool...
very coarse steel wool...
then took out two pieces
and then pulled and fluffed each one.
Then I wrapped them around these drain tubes 
and stuffed them neatly in the little entrance hole.


Next, I very carefully cleaned and disinfected the floor of the cabinet
using paper towels to do the job.
Normally I use cleaning cloths for cleaning...
but this is not the time for that.

Then, I continued cleaning...
wiping down the walls, the pipes, the garbage disposal and the doors...
It smelled so fresh and clean!  
Next, I turned my attention to the things I had taken out...
and sorted them into piles of like items...
and found...
There were MANY items under there that should not have been there...
so those all got put aside to be relocated to their proper places.

Some of it was odd...like the sunscreen?
hey...look at that white thing!
Over there on the right...what is that?

Oh Biskit!

I really, really like these black buckets from the Dollar Store.
I filled one with dishwashing items...
{steel wool pads, garbage disposal tool, rinse aid and hand washing soap}




Behind the bucket is an extra piece from my dishwasher...
then next to the bucket are the boxes of dishwasher detergent pods.
(The dishwashing machine is to the left of this cupboard.)

Did you see the garbage disposal tool on top of the box in the bucket?
That is not a good spot...I will need to figure something else out later.



I really like this dish soap by Mrs. Meyers

Next, I assembled all of the items to clean 
metal, stainless steel, granite and countertops
and put them all in their own black bucket
on the other side of the cupboard
next to the kitchen garbage bags.


Ta Daaa!!

NOOOOOOOOO!

Just one more thing to do...
after all...we need to do something fun here...right?!

Do any of you drink Crystal Light?
My family drinks it at dinner every evening.
We LUV Crystal Light.
(I hope they don't mind me advertising for them!)
This is on my kitchen window sill.

This product comes in a lot of wasteful packaging...
including a sturdy container that I hate to throw away...
I have used these containers for many things...
and recently came up with yet ANOTHER idea!

Problem:  Q-Tip clean
Dirt likes to hide in the crevices and corners...
so I always run to my bathroom and 
grab a few q-tips when cleaning those places.
But not anymore!

Solution: I took off the wrapper...
made a label with my trusty label maker...
filled the container with q-tips...


(hey...another cow!  She's a miniature...not so hard to milk...
and we do get about a teaspoon or so a day....anyways...)

Those q-tips are in a nifty caddy now.

YEE HAW!


I'm feeling all smug and organized!

You just keep looking at that cupboard...
please don't turn around...
you'll see my island countertop is crowded with mayhem and foolishness!
So...
let's
just
look
at
my 
prettyful
sink cupboard.

Ahhhh.

Do something that puts a smile on YOUR face today!


1 comment:

Terri said...

Hey, I wish my under the sink cabinet was as "prettyful" as yours is/was! Wanna come over and organize it?

Miss you, friend!
Terri